Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Blink?
Blink is a digital bank that offers banking services through their mobile application on smartphones, without having a physical presence or branches. All interactions with Blink occur through the application, or through the engagement team, who are ready to serve you with just a tap through the chat or Call features within the app accessible through data from anywhere in the world and around the clock, or by directly calling 065200100.
How do I download the app?
Download the Blink app from the App Store or Google Play by searching “The Blink”.
How do I start using the app and open my account?
After you download the Blink app, the first screen you will see is the login screen. Swipe up to join our family, and here you will be able to register your account using your email. Follow the simple steps to complete the process of opening your account. Today, Blink is only available for Jordanians, but soon, it will also be available to non-Jordanian citizens. Do not allow anyone to register your account, because this is a real bank account, and your personal information is not supposed to be shared with anyone, no matter who he/she is. This will prevent the person from using your account. Blink or any of our employees will not ask you to provide any confidential information about your account (i.e., password, OTP codes). It is very important that you input accurate information when opening your account.
What is the relationship between Capital Bank and Blink?
Blink is a fully digital bank licensed by the Central Bank of Jordan and is affiliated with Capital Bank, but with completely separate management, teams, and systems. Capital Bank ATMs serve Blink customers for cash withdrawals and deposits, however, Capital Bank branches cannot serve Blink customers due to the different systems. Blink’s engagement team is separate, and therefore you can contact us using our own contact number: 065200100. This means, Blink is affiliated with Capital Bank legally and administratively, but separate in terms of operations, customers, services, and products.
Is the app available on Huawei devices ?
The application is available on Google Play and the App store and is not currently available on Huawei devices, but it might be available within months.
Is the app available in Arabic ?
We are currently working day and night on developing the app in Arabic, and it will be available in a few weeks.
What do I need to open an account?
You would only need a valid Jordanian ID. The steps for opening the account are very simple and with a unique digital experience. You would need to enter a valid email, phone number, create a password, enter the OTP code (which you will receive via text message to your mobile), scan the ID, take a live photo on the mobile app, and provide some personal and employment information.
Who can open a Blink account today?
Today, Blink is only available for Jordanian citizens who have a valid Jordanian ID. Blink is not currently available for the noncitizens of Jordanian mothers, military personnel, and temporary ID holder. However, within months, it will be available to all Jordanians, and then to non-Jordanian citizens.
How can I withdraw money from the account ?
1. Use your Yellow Sun debit card for cash withdrawals from any Capital Bank ATM for free!2. Use your Yellow Sun debit card to withdraw from other Bank’s ATMs, locally or internationally, however you may be subject to certain fees by these banks. 3. Withdraw from any Capital Bank ATM without the physical Yellow Sun debit card for free (Cardless). 4. Use your Yellow Sun debit card for purchases using the POS machines at merchants.
* To find out how to use your Rebellious Red credit card, follow the next questions.
How long does it take to open an account?
Approximately 15 minutes, depending on the situation.
Can I send money?
You can currently send money within the Blink family (to another Blink customer) through the app using their account number (10 digits – starting with a 9 – found on the app), the full IBAN number (found in the same place on the app) or simply using their mobile number. Soon, you will be able to send money using your Blink account to other local banks.
Can I track my account transactions?
You can see your account transactions easily by swiping up in the app on the account screen (the black card in the app), and browse to see the transaction details. Automatically, you can see those details going back to 30 days, however you can change that to the last 3 or 6 months. There is a search bar where you can lookup certain transaction by typing in a word, or amount related to the transaction you are looking for. For the account statement, you can view it and download it from the application by simply clicking on the download sign at the top of the screen.
How can I add money to the account ?
1. Use your Yellow Sun debit card to deposit into your account from any Capital Bank ATM. /p> 2. You can also deposit money into your account from any Capital Bank ATM without using the physical card by clicking on “Cardless Withdrawal” on the main screen of the ATM. Then you will click on the Blink tab, enter your account number (10 digits – starting with 9 – can be found in the app), and you will receive a 6-digit code on the phone number you registered your account on. After inputting the code on the ATM, press “deposit” and put the money into the machine. /p> 3. Transfer money from any other local bank through CliQ using the IBAN number. You will find the option to transfer through CliQ in all bank applications. Most banks allow transfers through CliQ by IBAN number; however, some banks may accept transfers through CliQ using only the mobile number, or and “alias”. /p> 4. Request money from the Blink app from any other local bank using the mobile number or alias of the person you want to request the money from. The person must link their mobile number or alias in the bank on the CliQ system. /p>
Note: Currently, you can’t deposit directly into the Rebellious Red credit Card at the ATMs. You can deposit into the account through the above methods, and then pay the credit card from within the application by using the “Pay Back” feature. /p>
Credit card features and details in the following questions. /p>
How do I get a debit card ?
• When you first open your account, you are immediately issued a virtual debit card.• Because it is a virtual card, you can immediately start using it through online purchases, however, of course, you must deposit money into the card, as it’s linked to your account. There are no fees for issuing the physical card. • To use the card online, before receiving your physical card, click on the “flip” option at the top right corner of your card on the app to reveal all details needed to buy online.
Will I get the physical card ?
• Soon we will activate the service of requesting the tangible card from within the application, however, for the time being, you can call our engagement team at 065200100, press number 5 for the option to request the card. After that, you can press number 1 to confirm and place the order, and we will print the card immediately and deliver it to your door for free.• Aramex will contact you to deliver the card. • It is possible to use the card for online purchases, and deposits and withdraws from Capital Bank ATMs without having the physical card. It is also possible to transfer money into the account from other banks. The physical card has now become optional according to your need. • Do not forget to click the button “received my card” on the application upon the delivery of your card because when we issue the card, the contactless limit is not activated until you receive it. After confirming that you received your card, the contactless limit becomes 150 JODs for transactions without requiring the PIN – meaning, any transaction above the 150 JOD limit, you will be required to enter the PIN into the POS machine.
What are the limits on my Yellow Sun debit card ?
• Contactless payments without entering the PIN: 150 JODs per day• Cash withdrawal: 5,000 JODs per day • Merchant payments: 5,000 JODs per day
You can control the limits through the application by clicking on “Card Settings”
Can I control my Yellow Sun debit card settings ?
You can control the following settings at moment:• Deactivate and activate the card (freeze/unfreeze) • Cancel the card and issue a new card • Control the daily limits (contactless payments, cash withdrawals, online payments, and merchant payments)
However, you will be able to control other features soon.
What is my PIN for my Yellow Sun debit card ?
Immediately after opening your account, you will be issued the Yellow Sun debit card, and you will be asked to enter the PIN (4 digits), where you will have to input it twice to confirm the number. In the event that the card is suspended due to entering the incorrect PIN more than once, or you forgot the PIN, you can contact us and we will issue a new PIN and send to you via text message. It is also possible to change the PIN from any local ATM at any time, however, currently this service is temporarily unavailable on Capital Bank ATMs until the activation of resetting your PIN is available on the application. Never share your PIN with anyone. Note that this PIN code is only for the Yellow Sun debit card. To know the PIN for your Rebellious Red credit card, follow the questions.
How do I get help?
A digital bank does not mean you cannot reach out for help. You can contact us through the app, either by calling us, or through the chat, without the need to verify your identity. In case you are having trouble accessing the app, you can call our engagement team at 06-5200100, where you will need to answer some questions to verify your identity and to allow us to help you and meet your needs.
Unfortunately, Capital Bank’s customer service center and branches will not be able to help you due to the separate operations and regulations between the two banks. They can only answer some questions, so it is better to contact the Blink team.
How secure is Blink?
It is true that we are a different bank, however we are a bank subject to the Central bank of Jordan’s regulations. Because we are a fully digital bank, we have invested in the latest advanced technology, and we have ensured that we comply with all global standards of cybersecurity and data protection. We have checked the Blink app many times to make sure it is safe and solid. We use 2 factor authentication to verify your identity and if we have any doubts, we will contact you. We will never ask you to provide us with your PIN or the OTP sent to your phone in any channel or form. Our emails to you only include news and new information, however never asking you to provide us with any information through email. We send you notifications using messages only and do not ask for any information through them. You can speak with our engagement team at any time from within the application (this way we can verify your information by contacting us through the app). If you use the number 065200100 to speak with the engagement team, you will be required to answer some questions to verify your identity in order for us to be able to assist you as best we can. Now you can you Blink and rest assured!
Is my data safe?
Your data is protected! We maintain a mechanism that guarantees the highest levels of security and is compatible with global data protection standards. We ensure that we comply with all instructions regarding banking security.
How do I keep my account safe?
Tips to keep your account safe:1. We use 2-factor authentication for Blink registration. Use your email and password to login to your account or activate biometric login to use your face or fingerprint to login. 2. With every online purchase, you will receive a secret code via SMS. Most websites require a secret code, but sometimes they do not. 3. Contactless payments using Blink cards without a pin have a limit of 55JODs per day, and a limit of 150JODs per month. If you exceed those limits, you are required to enter your PIN on the merchant’s device. 4. We send you notifications uses SMS and do not ask you for any information through text. At any time, you can talk to our engagement team through the app. 5. Do not share you email address or password or any OTP or code with anyone. 6. Keep your cards in a safe place and do not share the card information with anyone because they can use it online instantly. 7. We will never ask you to share your password in any channel or in any form. 8. We do not use email to ask you for anything, it is only used to communicate news and updates. 9. You can speak with our engagement team through the app. If you use the number 065200100 to speak with them, you will be required to answer some questions to verify your identity.
What is the Rebellious Red credit card?
The Rebellious Red credit card is a type of bank facility which is revolving in nature. Revolving means once you have used the card, and repaid your dues, the card will be available for use once again. The card is not a loan with a payment schedule, and specific installment requirements. The amount is also not deposited into the account for use are repayment on a monthly basis. The card has a limit which reflects the maximum amount you can use, and the amount required to be repaid depends on the utilization (payment details in the following questions).
It is very important to emphasize that the card is a bank facility, and the customer is legally obligated to pay it back to the bank.
How is the monthly payment calculated?
The monthly payment depends on the amount due (withdrawn/purchased) from the card limit, in addition to the payment percentage selected upon applying for the card (5%, 25%, 50%, or 100%).
Every month, you can use your card for your purchases or for cash withdrawals (with fees), and all transactions are collected on the 2nd of each month. The total transactions represents the utilized balance of the card limit. At the end of each month (the card cycle) from the 2nd of the month till the 2nd of the next month, the payment is due based on the calculated payment percentage of the utilized amount.
Example 1: payment rate is 25%
From March 2nd to April 2nd, 3 transactions were made on the card with a total value of 100 JODs. On April 2nd, the statement will be available and a payment of 100*25% (25JODs) will be due.
Example 2: payment rate is 100%
From March 2nd to April 2nd, 3 transactions were made on the card with a total value of 100 JODs. On April 2nd, the statement will be available and a payment of 100*100% (100JODs) will be due.
Every month in a new cycle, your transactions will be accumulated, and the payment is calculated at the end of the month. If the card is not utilized, and there are no transaction made, then there will not be any due payments. If the card was used, then the payment will be calculated based on the repayment percentage multiplied by the amount used.
An interest is calculated at 1.75% per month on the unpaid amount and will be reflected in the next month’s statement. Meaning, in the first example, the unpaid 75 JODs will be subject to interest. The interest will be reflected on the statement (as if it was a transaction on the card), and interest is calculated on it. This means the interest is accumulated until the full payment is made. It is very difficult to calculate the interest and the payments because it all depends on the transaction made on the card and is paid depending on each case.
In short, a credit card differs from a loan. The monthly payment does not represent monthly instalments of equal values. There are no payments needed to be made if the card has not been used.
On the 3rd of every month, you will receive an SMS on the mobile number linked to the account stating the value of the payment amount due. 5 days before the payment is due, and a day before, another SMS will be sent to remind you of the amount due.
Can I see my credit card transactions?
You can simply view your credit card transactions by swiping up on your Rebellious Red credit card on the app and scroll to see the details of the transactions. The period of transaction displayed automatically go up to the last 30 days, but you can change it for the last 3 or 6 months. You can search for certain transactions by typing in any word or amount you are looking for.
How do I pay my credit card?
On the 2nd of each month, the value of the monthly payment is calculated. On the 3rd of each month, the SMS will be sent to the mobile number registered to the account with the amount due and its due date. You have 26 days to deposit the amount in the account and the payment will start automatically on the 28th of the month. The process of depositing the account is answered in the above questions.
The value of the monthly payment due is the minimum to be paid on the 28th of each month (if there are transactions made on the account). You can also pay any value at any time until the full utilized amount is paid by clicking on “Pay Back” on the red card inside the app. You can select the amount of payment to be made, but the amount must be available in the account.
Any value paid, whether the amount due or the full amount utilized, the amount will be available again for use.
The most important thing to note is that the amount due to be paid before the 28th of each month to ensure no delays and additional fees. After the 28th, the payment becomes past due and unpaid, and will be considered as a payment. It will appear in your credit report at all banks, financial institutions and the Central Bank of Jordan. You have a delay of 5 days before the payment entails additional fees of 10JODs, as well as the legal repercussions of the delay. In the event of non-payment in the following month, fees will be charged again and again, continuously every month until the full amount due is paid.
Are there any fees for obtaining a credit card?
No, the card is free and there is no issuance fee. The bank does not have any sales representatives. If we were to have representatives to help open accounts and issue cards, there is no amount or fees in exchange for their assistance.
How do I get the Rebellious Red credit card?
• Request the card from the app. The first step is to confirm that the customer reads, understands, and agrees to the terms and conditions of the card. Understand your obligations towards the bank. Confirmation including authorizing the bank to inquire about you on CRIF (the only company licensed to obtain all customer credit information from all banks and financial institutions operating in the Kingdom), is required.• After confirming the terms and conditions and agreeing to authorize the bank to obtain you data from CRIF, the application will be processed within seconds, automatically. In an event of approval, the approved limit will be shown on the screen – with the possibility of choosing to obtain the full limit you were approved for, or a part of it. Approval is not automatic, and not all customers are eligible for the maximum limit, because each case is reviewed separately. • After choosing the limit, you will be able to choose the repayment percentage (5%, 25%, 50%, 100%). The repayment percentage determines your required monthly payment and is linked to the amount utilized from the limit. For example, at the end of each month, you are required to pay the entire amount used if you choose the 100% repayment rate (details on repayment to be followed). • Your card is ready to use! Flip the card on the app to get all the details required to use the card online. • Remember to deposit in your account to repay your credit card!
What is the difference between the Rebellious Red credit card & the Yellow Sun debit card?
The Yellow Sun Debit Card:• Is linked directly to your account, and therefore requires a balance to be able to use it. If the account balance is sufficient, you can use the card. • Can be used at Capital Bank ATMs to deposit your money into your account at any time. • Automatically issued virtually to anyone who joins Blink for free. The physical card is delivered upon request. • When you open the account, you can deposit money into Capital Bank ATMs without having the physical card, the amount will be reflected in your account. Then you can use the card on any application, or online websites to buy and spend from the deposited money/balance. If needed, you can request the physical card to be used for purchases at merchants with POS system.
The Rebellious Red Credit Card:• Is not issued to all customers automatically. The card is issued upon request, after agreeing to the terms and conditions, and authorizing the inquiry on CRIF. • If approved, the limit is set depending on your personal and credit information. • It is a bank facility that must be paid. • Once issued, you can use your card for purchases, however amount used will not be deducted/ reflected on your account. The deduction is made at the end of the month, the amount required to be paid is dependent on your repayment percentage. • The amount due is required to be paid on the 28th of each month.
Will I get the physical Rebellious Red credit card?
• We have temporarily stopped delivering the physical card to protect our customers and ensure that they fully understand the terms, conditions, and details of the credit cards.• Once this service is back up, Aramex will contact you to deliver the card. • Do not forget to click the button “received my card” on the application upon the delivery of your card because when we issue the card, the contactless limit is not activated until you receive it. After confirming that you received your card, the contactless limit becomes 150 JODs for transactions without requiring the PIN – meaning, any transaction above the 150 JOD limit, you will be required to enter the PIN into the POS machine.
What is my Rebellious Red credit card PIN?
After the credit card is issued, by maximum the next day, you will receive an SMS on your mobile number (which you registered the account on) with a reference number consisting of 8 digits and a mobile number (00962792000483). You will then have to send an SMS to that number with the 8-digit reference number from the same mobile number your account is registered on (make sure to send the number in English). After that, you will receive another SMS with the 4-digit PIN. Make sure to keep track of it in a safe space and delete the message so that no one knows your PIN. Do not share it with anyone. If the card has been suspended due to entering the wrong PIN more than once, or you have forgotten the PIN, you can contact us to unblock the card or reissue a new PIN. You will receive a short message again and repeat the above steps. It is possible at any time to change your PIN from local bank ATMs, except for the Capital Bank ATMs (temporarily), until the activation of changing PIN service becomes available to you from the mobile app in the card settings – coming soon.
How do I use my Rebellious Red credit card?
You can use the credit card for online purchases without having the physical card using the card details on the app (flip the card on the app to get its details). Use the physical card on POS machines for purchases at merchants without any additional fees. The card can be used to withdraw from any local or international ATM. Withdrawals from credit cards are subject to fees and interest, which is calculated from the moment of withdrawal (see all fees at the end of the guide). It is best you use debit cards to withdraw cash and credit cards for your purchases.
What are the limits set on my card?
• Contactless payments without entering the PIN: 150 JODs per day• Cash withdrawal: card limit • Merchant payments: card limit
We have reduced online purchases on our Rebellious Red credit cards. Depending on your use of the card and your commitment to making the due payments. Your limit for online purchases may be between 0 JODs and 100 JODs, and as you continue to make your payments regularly, we will be able to raise your limits.
The above-mentioned limits differ from the credit card limit depending on your case and approval, which is the maximum limit for using the card in general and at any given time. The above limits are determined based on the types of transactions/purchases made on the card, and you will soon be able to control it yourself from the application.
Can I control my credit card settings?
Currently, you can only control the deactivation and activation of the card (freeze/unfreeze your card). But other settings will be available to you soon.
Still having trouble?
While we are digital-only, that doesn’t mean you can’t get in touch with us anytime.
Talk to us
You can speak to an Engagement Associate from the contact icon within the Blink app, or dial +96265200100.
Chat with us
Chat with your Engagement Team from the contact icon within Blink app.
What are you waiting for? Let's Blink!
Join our community
Paper, queue and hassle free!